How does skin lightening work?
Skin lightening involves the use of anti-oxidants, namely glutathione and vitamin C, that inhibits the production of melanin. Melanin is a type of skin pigment – the more you have, the darker your complexion. Although the melanin content in your skin is decided by your genetic makeup, there are also some factors that can affect the production of melanin, such as:
- skin damage
- exposure to sunlight
- exposure to some chemicals
Glutathione is an antioxidant, prepared like any cosmetic or vitamin product, in a safe, sterile laboratory setting. It can be found in many healthy foods that people eat on a regular basis, some of which are actually considered among the healthiest foods in the world.
What can patients expect?
Glutathione is administered intravenously and is able to deposit throughout the body. This process is gradual, requires maintenance, and may not give you the desired. The positive attributes of this treatment is that it is safe, provided it is carried out by a trained medical professional.
- Lighter, more even skin tone
- Removes skin blemishes (Scars, pigmentation, uneven skin tones)
- Produce collagen to enhance elasticity
- Suppress formation of acne/blemish/pimple
- Enhance immunity, reduce tiredness
- Improve quality & texture
- Improve radiance, glowing, supple and moisturized skin
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
How do I know if it’s for me?
Make an appointment to consult with one of our highly trained doctors and they will assist you in determining whether you are a suitable candidate for skin lightening. n addition, your risk factors will be evaluated and how best to prevent any problems or conditions, that you may be susceptible to, will be recommended.